Community ASL Classes
Metro Deaf School offers ASL classes in the Fall and Spring. These classes are open to families and anyone in the community! ASL classes are free for MDS families.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ASL classes are on hold until further notice. Please check back for updates.
Introduction to language and culture of American Sign Language (ASL).
click here for beginner info
Continues development of American Sign Language (ASL) skills with a primary focus on refining the use of basic ASL sentence types.
Click here for intermediate info
Builds on skills learned in Intermediate American Sign Language (ASL), adding more complex structure and culture at an in-depth level. Click here for advanced info
- Are these classes open to the community?
- Is there an age minimum for these classes?
- When are classes held?
- What days/times are classes held?
- Is there a cost to attend these classes?
- Do you offer childcare?
- Do you offer any kind of financial assistance?
- Do you offer ASL classes for kids?
- How do I know which class I should register for?
- If I register for a class, but realize in the first two weeks it is not a good skill fit for me, can I move to a different class?
- What materials will I need?
- I can’t make it to this class! Will you offer it again?
- When does registration open?